Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Threw up Here.

Thankfully, I'm not dead yet.  However, I almost crashed my car driving down Broadway this evening looking at the shiny sparkling lights.  I know I have major ADD but seriously, this time it wasn't just me.  Another car ran a stop light almost causing a collision.  Thank you to UIW (University of the Incarnate Word) for the beautiful scenery.  Just a warning to all my San Antonio friends...don't drive on Broadway at night unless you want to DIE! 

UIW's website states there are over 800,000 lights on display throughout their campus.  I love pretty sparkly things, but not near major roads where people should be paying attention to driving...

According to the Fairmount hotel's website "The lights go on at sunset every night, and are open for the public to view at no cost. Every tree on the campus perimeter is covered with bright twinkling lights which come together to form a whimsical archway for sightseers to pass through."
Are they trying to lure sightseers to a whimsical fiery death?  Trees and lights are highly flammable; as are cars filled with gasoline after they crash and burn due to drivers being blinded or confused by all the decorations.  Good try San Antonio...but I'll be avoiding this Christmas spectacular at all costs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment